Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kate's Big Day!

It is such a wonderful time for our family.
Katie left into the MTC this morning. We are so excited for her and know she will be an amazing missionary! She works so hard at everything she does, and we know that serving the Lord will be no different. It is hard not to be a little sad that we won't see her for 18 months, but she is setting such a great example for our boys. They are already talking about when they can go on their missions like Aunt Katie.
This is right before the Stake President came over to set Kate apart.

Spencer got to say an extra good-bye right before Katie left. The other boys were at school.

Our family at the MTC. (Grandma is taking the picture)


The Bowen kids




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Katie will be an amazing missionary! I am so excited for her. The MTC can be such a sad place when they separate the missionaries from their families. But she'll have a great time I'm sure. I'm glad everything went well!

Becca said...

All of the girls in your family are so beautiful and stylin'! Katie looks so cute and happy and she'll be a great missionary!

Tina said...

Erik and Amie-our old neighbors across the hall at Shadowridge!:-)
I saw your blog on Swen's and had to say hi!! (and found Swen on facebook)- scary, sorry I hope you don't mind. Your family is adorable! Hope you guys are doing well! We had fun being your neighbors in '96-98 I think it was. Clint and Tina